Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ready, Set, Go.

I have wanted to start a blog for the longest while, see I'm always talking to myself, and i have lots of fun doin it.However since moving to Jamaica I've had lots of W.T.F. moments and in a bid to not offend i keep my mouth shut. I love being a Trinbagonian, i love my country, my ppl, my culture......Lord de food and de fete....words fail me. However, its not blind adoration, cause T&T have plenty shit goin on too. I now live in Kingston, and made the decision when i first got here to find, discover, enjoy, experience and live the real Jamaica.

Now i am an avid follower of Bizarre Foods and No Reservations. Two shows on Travel Channel. The former cause i love to nyam, and i firmly believe that one of the most important aspects of a culture is the food, and through an exploration of that food, a more complete understanding of the culture and the ppl producing it. No Reservations does the non touristy travel show. Ah mean when de man was in Ja he eat patty in Coronation Market and chill with Mutabaruka. No Sandals Resort..... black man in Hawaiian shirt singing a bad rendition of Bob......no "irie mon" bullshit.

My aspiration is to be a world traveler, but yuh need tuh start somewhere so Jamaica it is. I intend to explore every nook and cranny of this island. Eat everything that comes my way, experience both the "high"and "low" culture, check out de man dem.......and hopefully have a blast doing it. Ah will feel fuh ah doubles (everything, slight pepper) every day of meh life, but hey cheese and mega patty seem to be able to take the edge off.

So stay posted for candid Trini talk bout ppl, food, politics, limes, men and anything and everything that crosses my path.

2 comments:

  1. Come to Norway and eat fermented fish, girl! Bam! Took your blog's virginity.

    Blessings from your Uncle Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I love the part about "in a bid to not offend i keep my mouth shut". If that's keeping your mouth shut, then I'm definitely going to follow this blog because your mind must be like an angry volcano!!

    ReplyDelete